$4,000 Retention Bonus Program. As a Functional Manager you will work on the day-to-day aspects of the rental car business while using superior management, leadership and customer service skills. You will work with a wide range of employees, customers, vendors, and third party contractors to achieve the overall results and goals for your area of operations.
You are responsible for managing a unionized and/or non-unionized workforce, delivering quality customer service, increasing sales and revenue, scheduling adequate staff coverage, handling escalated customer issues and requests, recruiting new employees and providing them with training. You will be an expert in all of Hertz products and services and will coach employees how to improve their ability to sell and meet customer needs.
Additionally, depending on your assigned area you will be responsible for the servicing of the rental fleet at your location including staying aware of hourly reservations, return counts, vehicle make and model availability, preventative maintenance schedules, etc. to achieve the greatest revenue and profitability
- Commitment to developing and learning a wide variety of skills so that you can advance to higher levels at Hertz and Dollar/Thrifty
- A desire to grow with the Hertz Corporation including a willingness to live and work in a number of different cities throughout the United States
- A deep desire to work with and lead others as a team to build a business that is both fast paced and continually improving
- An ability to manage all aspects of the rental car business from Customer Service, Sales, Fleet Management, Maintenance, Vehicle Service, Vehicle Replenishment and Financial Analysis
- An ability to remain level headed and calm with both customers and employees as you assist them through challenging situations
- An ability to be a Hertz and Dollar/Thrifty Brand Ambassador at all times as you seek to create a positive environment and solutions that generate continued customer and employee loyalty
- An Associate’s Degree required and a four-year degree is preferred for this role
- Strong management, communications, interpersonal relationship, customer service, problem solving, fleet management, and sales skills
- Strong planning and logistical skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability and AD&D
- Wellness Program
EEO/AA: Females/Minorities/Disabled/Vets. Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.