Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Responsible for overall project planning and performance: safety/environmental; cost; cash flow; milestones; quality; production; specification and contract compliance; legal compliance.
Managing multiple relationships, will interface with actual and prospective clients (and their representatives), government representatives, subcontractors, vendors, line employees and senior management to ensure a successful project delivery, client satisfaction, and allow for future work with clients, subs and vendors. In addition, the Project Manager is accountable for managing their project team, which includes training/development, giving performance feedback, and making staffing decisions (pay, promotion/demotion, lay-off and termination) in partnership with appropriate stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule, within prescribed budget, according to specifications and safety guidelines.
- Establishes goals for project and project team.
- Rewards, recognizes, coaches, or disciplines staff as appropriate.
- Reviews Job Status Reports and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Conducts weekly meetings for project scheduling, budgeting and planning.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Handles challenges with vendors, subcontractors and project team in a timely and professional manner (replacing vendors/subcontractors, resolving deficiencies, monitoring and improving team performance and making staffing changes as needed) in partnership with other stakeholders (purchasing, contracts, shop, field supervision, safety, HR, etc.)
- Provides timely billings; projects costs and tracks payment schedule.
- Collects of accounts receivable.
- Ensures positive project cash flow while complying with subcontractor/vendor terms.
- Generates, reviews and approves Purchase Orders (PO s) and subcontracts.
- Generates, review/approves and provide feedback on submittals; generate RFI s to client/GC, and responds to RFI s from subcontractors/vendors (or forward to client/architect/owner s representative as appropriate); uses RFI responses to generate Proposed Change Orders (PCO s), adjust schedule, etc.
- Manages and schedules subcontractors; works with vendors, trucking, shop/yard and other staff to ensure timely delivery of materials and equipment.
- Ensures documents and transactions are processed appropriately: subcontractor/vendor agreements are properly executed according to project requirements; payroll and production tracking are complete; materials/equipment receipts are reviewed and forwarded for processing; staffing changes are noted; safety and quality audits are conducted and reviewed.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulators/agencies.
- Manages relationships with clients to ensure client satisfaction; negotiates changes to ensure quality project results are delivered on-time and on-spec, while maintaining profitability and with safety in mind.
- Resolves conflicts effectively, professionally and timely with owners, owner representatives, subcontractors, vendors, and project team.
- Uses Project Management, Accounting, Production Tracking and related software to track project quality, safety, performance, efficiency and cost. Qualifications & Competencies EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college in architecture, construction management or related field + five (5) years of related experience (millwork, interior finishes, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Coach, discipline, train, develop others.
- Set goals and ensure accountability.
- Manage through delegation and hold others accountable.
- Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Able to work with teams to enhance efficiency, quality and safety.
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal, aural, written) in English.
PREFERRED: Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Able to resolve conflict and negotiate outcomes successfully with a wide variety of individuals inside and outside the project team.
- Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Able to persuade others.
- Able to work a non-standard work week, which may include extended hours, changing start/end times, travel within our business territory, weekend and night work).
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to perform detailed work and make effective decisions and solve problems to maintain production, quality and safety under pressure and deadlines.
- Possess strong working knowledge of interior finishes, millwork, fabrication and installation processes.
- Possess functional working knowledge of civil construction specifications.
- Possess fundamental knowledge of safety guidelines/requirements for construction.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Understand drivers of project cost (labor, material, equipment, overhead, etc.)
- Understand billing methods based on a variety of contract terms (percent complete, etc.)
- Understand how to maintain positive project cash flow.
- Provide Cost to Complete of projects to senior management, including change orders, potential risks, etc.
- Able to use technology to review performance/progress, plan, schedule, track activities, communicate, monitor financial data, verify quantities of materials/labor used.
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system and MS-Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Adobe Acrobat and related products.
- Functional knowledge of project management software, such as ProCore or similar.
- Functional knowledge of productivity/payroll tools, such as Microvellum or similar.
- Functional knowledge of accounting software, such as Foundation or similar.
- Must be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement and be subject to drug testing requirements (including pre-employment drug tests).
- Willing to submit to a background check prior to and during employment.
- Medical/Prescription Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company paid-Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Professional Development Opportunities
Total Millwork is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minorities, Females, Disabled, Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Total Millwork is proud to be an E-Verify Employer and Drug-Free Workplace