Responsible for verifying items produced by the Fab Shop and/or Sheet Metal Shop. Responsible for operation and maintenance of CADD system, including updating software. Prepare clear, complete and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes by performing the following duties. Entry level CAD experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide detailed shop drawings as required of duct and piping for complete project, with time frames provided by project manager or department manager.
- Provide piping assembly drawings for Pipe Fab Shop and/or Sheet Metal Shop.
- Learn all necessary information regarding mechanical installations that will apply to CADD systems.
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired.
- Draws charts for representation of statistical data.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Uses computer assisted drafting and design (CADD) equipment and software – Revit, AutoCad
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Knowledge of AutoCad Design software; MS Internet Explorer Internet software; MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word Word Processing software.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical / Vision/ Prescription / Dental / Life Insurance
- HSA w/ Employer contribution
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K w/ 5% match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor