Oversees forming packers, utility and operators. On weekends oversees all departments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines.
- Study production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Responsible for raw material inventory and rail car placement.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school education, college preferred or 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience (plastics and/or manufacturing a plus)
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to troubleshoot basic machine problems
- Ability to recognize and solve difficult problems utilizing all necessary resources.
- Ability to utilize common sense solutions and make good decisions during a crisis.
CPR certification a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Vacation, PTO
- Pet Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Cancer Indemnity Insurance
- Accident Indemnity
- Employee Assistance Program