Must be able to work every other Sunday. Operate all extruders within defined specifications and without assistance including:
- Startups: verifying ALL equipment (loaders, blowers, augers, alarms, etc.) are powered on and functioning properly
- StringUp: perform all steps safely and completely
- Job/Color changes: performed with minimal of scrap material
- Adjustments: performed as needed to ensure quality specifications are met
- Blends: utilize correct formulas and rates for each product type produced
- Samples: match and distinguish colors from sample; Cut, gauge, weight “samples” and complete necessary paperwork
- Quality of product: produce good tight rolls to product specifications (width, color, weight, etc.)
- Heating/cooling issues: monitor and recognize issues and report them to Supervisor immediately
- Feed and Mixing Systems: monitor for proper operation throughout production run
- Shutdowns: perform correct procedures
- Monitor and “fire” the screen properly and at appropriate time
- Monitor Repel Line and keep operational throughout shift
- Silo Readings: understand, verify and document all silo readings to include:
- Record correct measurement, weight, date and shift on each roll produced and then move to extrusion roll staging area properly and safely.
- Complete required paperwork accurately, neatly and per Plant Sanitation specifications
- Maintain raw material hoppers/containers to ensure continuous production run during the shift from Extrusion Mezzanine and refill as needed.
- Operate grinder and ensure grinding of all scrap material and product is completed by end of shift including:
- Operate all PIT equipment per OSHA specifications, including daily inspections, changing of batteries/propane tanks, etc.)
- Able to “tip over” a 500 lb. roll of foam unassisted.
- Work overtime as business demands, including monthly training classes as mandated by OSHA and Plant Sanitations Certifications.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
- Perform any and all job assignments/functions as necessary to daily business demands as instructed by Management.
The Company has the right to alter or add job functions to meet business demands as necessary
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training (mechanical aptitude a major plus) preferred
- Ability to understand, read, write and speak English
- Ability to operate a calculator and add up to 100 manually.
- Ability to use and read a tape measure.
- Ability to read and understand instrumentation gauges.
- Ability to understand and determine “differentiation pressures” from a pressure controller.
- Able to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
- Ability to recognize and identify problems with machines and/or material via collection of data and interpretation of that data.
- Ability to apply common sense “understanding” to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Ability to apply troubleshooting techniques to issues as they arise and seek help when necessary.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to differentiate between “good” and “bad” quality.
Powered Industrial Truck Certification (forklift, clamp, sissor lift, etc.)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Cancer Indemnity Insurance
- Accident Indemnity
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an EEO employer.