Are you seeking a job where your work is rewarding and provides excellent benefits? We offer more than just a paycheck! We offer healthcare, dental, long term disability, flexible work schedules, paid time off, 401k, and so much more.
Conducts inspections, performs preventive maintenance and repairs a variety of bus mechanical and electro-mechanical systems and their components.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency (GED) certificate recognized by the State of Maryland.
- One (1) year of full-time experience repairing, maintaining, or inspecting buses/trucks/heavy equipment/vehicles and or construction equipment; tractor trailers or passenger buses and their components and systems, or similar work on equipment in a related field. OR
- Completion of a four-year vocational or technical high school course of instruction in mechanics maintenance or a related field, formal technical training or on-the -job training in an approved apprenticeship program may be substituted for up to one (1) year of the required experience.
- Familiar with fleet garage type of environment and must have own hand tools necessary to perform the functions of this position.
- Must have a Class "A" Restricted CDL License or Permit at time of application.
- Diesel experience and/or ASE Certifications are highly desirable.
The resulting list of qualified candidates will be used to staff current and future vacancies in the Body Shop, Brake Shop, or Main Shop. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
MTA Does Not Discriminate Based On: Age, Ancestry, Color, Creed, Gender Identity or Expression, Genetic Information, Marital Status, Mental or Physical Disability, National Origin, Race, Religious Affiliation, Belief or Opinion, Sex, or Sexual Orientation.