Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in construction, installation, and repair of roads, bridge structures and/or utility systems and fixtures. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Crew.
Summary of Duties:
- Reviews documents and plans, making sure all questions are answered, before proceeding with any activities.
- Examines blueprints, plans and profiles to determine dimensions of structure, and grade or profile of road or pipeline.
- Directs and trains crew in performing work as shown on contract drawings and specifications within the production budget of job estimate.
- Assigns workers to such tasks as operating machinery and equipment, cutting material to size, building concrete forms, erecting wooden framework or laying pipe.
- Inspects work performed by subcontractors, to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Supervises workers engaged in building structures such as cofferdams, support of excavation, and concrete forms.
- Conducts daily “Huddle” with crew: explains in detail the work to be accomplished and how it is to be accomplished; trains inexperienced crew members.
- Maintains time and production records: detailed and accurate time sheets, with verified quantities included and detailed locations of work performed.
- Minimum of two years related experience and/or training.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Direct Deposit Available
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan (FSA – Medical Expense and Dependent Care)
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Benefits
Corman Construction is dedicated to “Best in Class” performance. We constantly test ourselves against industry best practices in high standards for employee development. When our team members are at their best Corman is at its best. We are committed to improving the craft, engineering and management skills of our employees with a training program designed for this purpose.