Water Treatment Plant Operator
Seeking a highly responsible, detailed-oriented individual to operate the Jones Ferry Road Water Treatment Plant. The ideal candidate is a team player with excellent work ethic and adaptability.
Position requires knowledge of the principles and practices applied to the operation and maintenance of a water treatment plant. This is accomplished by monitoring processes and maintaining proper plant balance to include adjusting chemical feeds. Position completes plant inspections and performs preventative maintenance.
Utilization of various types of machinery and equipment including SCADA, forklift, lab equipment and general office equipment. Job requires working weekends, holidays, nights, and rotating shifts.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid North Carolina Class C Surface Water Operator’s Certification with one year of experience
- Good working knowledge of mathematics, chemistry and bacteriology
- Must meet and maintain requirements of a safety sensitive position (ability to wear a full-face respirator, complete HAZWOPER training, etc.).
- Physical requirements include the ability to frequently exert 10-25 pounds and occasionally 20-50 pounds.
- OWASA pays 100% of employee premiums for health, dental, and vision
- OWASA pays 50% of dependent premiums for health and 40% for dental
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in NC Local Government Employees Retirement System
- Generous Leave program including sick, annual, personal, bereavement, parental, etc.
- Life Insurance, Dependent Life
- Long Term Disability
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability creativity, diversity and inclusion. Certified Orange County Living Wage Employer.