Associate Degree Nursing Instructor
Fayetteville Technical Community College in Fayetteville, NC is seeking qualified applicants for this position. Will possess excellent computer skills, demonstrate evidence of flexible work experiences and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- Provide quality instruction for face-to-face and online classes to include days, evenings, and weekends; both on and off campus.
- Incorporate latest instructional technologies and interactive learning technologies in course delivery.
- Provide quality customer service to students, faculty, and staff.
- Recruit students for the Associate Degree Nursing program.
- Advise students who are in the program.
- Monitor and improve student retention.
- Provide input on program review, assessment, and other departmental activities.
- Periodically evaluate and develop new courses. Revise and update existing courses for relevancy and currency consistent with the role and mission of the college.
- Maintain face-to-face and/or online classroom environments conducive to student learning, engagement, and retention.
- Maintain accurate scholastic and membership records of students enrolled in classes and prepare and submit reports as required.
- Continually develop and improve skills through professional development.
- Participate in faculty committees and other activities, as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing with a minimum of two years employment in direct patient care as a registered nurse.
- Must have current unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in North Carolina or hold a RN license in a compact state and be able to obtain a North Carolina license by endorsement.
- Qualified applicant must have begun or completed the Hepatitis B series and must have begun and remain current with required immunizations and current CPR.
- Communication skills, both oral and written are necessary. Must have efficiency in Microsoft Office ( Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
Teaching experience at the community college or four-year college. On-line teaching experience.
- Dental, Disability, Health, Life, Property and Casualty, Vision
- Social Security, State Retirement Plan, 401(k), 403(b), 457(b)
- Annual Leave, Family & Medical Leave Act, Paid Holidays, Shared Leave Program, Sick Leave
- Cafeteria Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Personal Accident Expense Plan
- TRICARE Supplement
- Workers' Compensation