SGL Constructors (Skanska, Granite and Lane Joint Venture) is the Prime Contractor on the I-4 Ultimate Project in Orlando, FL.
Install underground utilities using different types of pipe (DIP, PVC, and HDPE) and drainage structures. Read and understand drawings. Work with heavy equipment take the lead in the excavation, check grade, and install pipe and/or drainage structures.
- Align and position pipes/drainage structures to prepare them for installation in a trench or excavation
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints by using gaskets or glue
- Cover pipes with earth or other materials and compact using compaction equipment
- Cut pipes to required lengths; install fittings and valves, etc…
- Dig trenches to desired or required depths and proper slopes by guiding the equipment operator
- Bridge/Highway experience; large concrete pipe
- Work in open excavations or trench boxes installing pipe and/or drainage structures
- Able to use gas powered tools (chop saw, water pumps, chain saws, compaction equipment.) and hand tools (hammers, wrenches, drills, shovels, etc.)
- Climb ladders and lift up to 50 pounds
- Work in outdoor environment; different types of weather (light rain, heat of the summer, cool in the fall.)
- Work in confined spaces
- Able to use gas or electric blowers
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
SGL Employee Benefits:
Competitive Wages and Benefits after 30 days
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term disability (after 90 days)
- Paid Vacation
SGL Constructors is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.