Heavy Equipment Operator
SGL Constructors (Skanska, Granite and Lane Joint Venture) is the Prime Contractor on the I-4 Ultimate Project in Orlando, FL. The total construction costs for the project are $2.3 Billion.
SGL Employee Benefits:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Primary Purpose: Operate Heavy Equipment (Loader, Dozer, Excavator, Motor Grader, Backhoe) in a safe and efficient manner within operation (example: grading/excavation, utility/drainage installation, demolition, installation of MSE walls) that the operator is assigned.
- Perform tasks as required by crew foreman to assist crew in completion of daily task with their specific operation
- Perform daily safety and maintenance inspection checks and provide Foreman with copy of inspection.
- Clean Equipment interior and tires/tracks daily.
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored at end of shift.
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
- Participate in Daily Pre-Task Job Briefing.
- Practice workplace safety.
- If needed be able to assist crew on the ground.
- 3+ Years’ experience preferred
- Individuals applying running rubber tired equipment are required to have a valid driver’s license
Workers should be able to:
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Follow directions
Physically, workers must be able to:
- The Heavy Equipment Operator will have to work in all weather, and must be prepared to deal with heat
- The Heavy Equipment Operator must be willing to assist ground personnel and lift half his weight if required.
- Work in outdoor conditions (dusty or dirty environment)
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
SGL Constructors is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.