Navy SEAL Recruit
The Navy’s Sea, Air and Land Forces – commonly known as SEALs – are expertly trained to deliver highly specialized, intensely challenging warfare capabilities that are beyond the means of standard military forces.
Their missions include: direct action warfare; special reconnaissance; counterterrorism; and foreign internal defense. When there’s nowhere else to turn, Navy SEALs achieve the impossible through critical thinking, sheer willpower and absolute dedication to their training, their missions and their fellow Special Operations team members.
All SEAL candidates are required to meet the following qualification standards and pass the Physical Screening Test (PST):
- 18-28 years old (17 with parental permission)
- A U.S. citizen.
- High school graduate (or meet High Performance Predictor Profile (HP3) criteria).
- Be proficient in reading, speaking, writing, and understanding the English language.
- Have clean record - Not be under civil restraint, a substance abuser nor have a pattern of minor convictions or any non-minor, misdemeanor, or felony convictions (waivers are granted depending on number and severity). The Special Assistant for Legal Affairs must not enlist applicants with lawsuits pending against them without prior approval.
- ASVAB minimum requirements: SEAL - GS+MC+EI=165 or VE+MK+MC+CS=220 Since you cannot get a waiver on the required ASVAB score it is critical that you score high on the ASVAB. Check out our ASVAB Practice tests to learn how you can Ace the ASVAB.
- Eyesight Requirements: Uncorrected vision in the better eye can be no worse than 20/70, the worse eye no more than 20/100. Both eyes must be correctable to 20/20. Color deficiencies require approval.
Once you enlist in the delayed entry program, you will be assigned a SEAL/SWCC mentor who will screen / test and help prepare you for the first level of training Boot Camp and Pre-BUDS. You will be judged initially by your Navy PST scores so prepare for this phase of your journey by practicing the PST several times. Consider the PST your Entrance Exam -- you will be required to take the Navy SEAL PST prior to attending boot camp several times with your SEAL/SWCC mentor.