Utility Mechanic III
Prior experience using City Works and a Geographic Information System (GIS) is highly preferred. Candidates must have the ability to work outdoors in all kinds of weather and respond to after-hour situations as necessary. Position requires exerting 20 – 50 pounds constantly, 50 - 100 pounds frequently and walking or standing to a significant degree. Typical hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
Salary range is $44,189 to $68,051 dependent on experience. The ideal candidates should be self-motivated team players with proven leadership abilities and excellent communication skills. Candidates must have an exceptional work ethic with the ability to assist the team to fulfill the mission and goals of OWASA while ensuring safe work practices are always followed.
- Six-months to one year of advanced study or training at a community college or technical school with 1 - 3 years of relevant experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Water Distribution Grade B and/or Collection System Grade II.
- OWASA pays 100% of employee premiums for health, dental, and vision
- OWASA pays 50% of dependent premiums for health and 40% for dental
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in NC Local Government Employees Retirement System
- Generous Leave program including sick, annual, personal, bereavement, parental, etc.
- Life Insurance, Dependent Life
- Long Term Disability
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability creativity, diversity and inclusion.