The City of Kyle has been one of the fastest growing communities in the country for most of the past two decades, and that means lots and lots of things need inspection.
Our Building Inspectors use their highly developed observation skills and knowledge of all things construction, along with very practiced powers of persuasion to enforce the City of Kyle's building codes and ensure that compliance is the only option. "Knowledge of all things construction" includes: adopted building codes, City ordinances, and applicable State regulations.
Must be familiar with building construction systems including structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, gas and fire protection. We'll throw in field enforcement of our zoning and sign ordinances just for good measure.
And because the field work is just never enough, you'll be reviewing construction plans, writing field reports, maintaining official records, and assisting the public in person and over the phone.
Building Inspector - Hiring Range $ 20.40 - $25.50
- Plumbing Inspector license by the State Board of Plumbing or the ability to obtain within one year
- Two (2) years of experience in building inspections or the construction field
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ICC Residential Building Inspector or one of the following (ICC)certifications:
- Residential Plumbing Inspector
- Residential Mechanical Inspector
- Residential Electrical Inspector
- Texas Driver's license with a good motor vehicle record
Great Benefits including:
- Health, Dental, & Vision
- TML Retirement Match 2:1
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Days
- Life Insurance