Medical Office Administration Instructor (10 month)
Fayetteville Technical Community College in Fayetteville, NC is seeking qualified applicants for this full-time Exempt position. FTCC offers a comprehensive benefits program to its employees.
The Medical Office Administration curriculum prepares individuals for employment as medical administrative personnel in medical and other health-care related offices. Provide quality instruction and services to students and pursue and maintain current awareness of the College’s growth and expansion.
Qualified candidates will possess excellent computer skills, demonstrate evidence of flexible work experiences and a willingness to change; be open-minded, fair, and possess the ability to see multiple perspectives; be willing to take risks and accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- Provide quality instruction for face-to-face and online classes to include days, evenings, and weekends both on and off campus.
- Incorporate latest instructional & interactive learning technologies in course delivery.
- Assist in recruiting new students into the program.
- Advise and register students who are in the program.
- Monitor and improve student retention.
- Provide recommendations for program changes based on industry trends and input from the advisory board.
- Provide input on program review, assessment, and other departmental activities.
- Periodically evaluate and develop new courses. Revise and update existing courses for relevancy and currency consistent with the role and mission of the college.
- Maintain face-to-face and/or online classroom environments conducive to student learning, engagement, and retention.
- Maintain accurate scholastic and membership records of students enrolled in classes and prepare and submit reports as required.
- Provide quality customer service to students, faculty, and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Healthcare Management, Medical Office Administration, or closely related discipline. Two or more years of experience in a medical environment. Medical insurance and billing coursework or experience required.
- Effective communication, both oral and written, skills are essential. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Healthcare Management, or closely related discipline. Teaching experience at the community college or four-year college level. On-line teaching experience using Blackboard. Medical coding certification through the American Academy of Professional Coders or American Health Information Management Association.