Area Sales Manager
What You’ll Do:
- Champion the Vulcan Way of Selling. Implement and enforce all sales operational programs and policies in accordance with Vulcan’s internal sales strategies. Ensure servicing a customer base through sales, service, and collection of receivables in order to improve profits on the production and sales of construction aggregates.
- Grow and Develop the Business. Prospect and cultivate new sales leads to ensure maximum market penetration through constant review and evaluation of changing customer and market needs, making every effort to develop all new markets and customers as possible.
- Develop Strategy. Work with sales team to drive revenue and market share by developing and implementing a strategic market plan for your assigned area, preparing a variety of status reports, including trends in a territory, upcoming events, closings, follow-up, special developments, and concerns or feedback captured through field activity.
- Coach and Guide Others. Provide regular guidance and coaching to the sales team based on best-in-class sales practices and strategic market plan. Develop a pipeline of sales talent through coaching, feedback, engagement, and ongoing talent identification and recruitment.
- Develop Revenue Targets. Work with sales team to develop territory budget, create projections, and manage within parameters to ensure targeted profitability, projecting sales and analyzing trends to assist in the budget process.
- Communicate Cross-Functionally. Support management decisions on area growth initiatives and other strategic issues, including pricing, marketing, and inventory management. Coordinate with operations management and logistics/dispatch concerning the impact of sales plans on projected volumes, product availability, and other operational considerations.
- Represent the Company. Represent the company with major contractors, as well as federal, state, and local government agencies and industry associations involved in regulating, specifying, or purchasing construction materials.
Skills You’ll Need:
- Experience. 5 years sales experience with a track record of forward-thinking responsibility and successful sales management is preferred.
- Interpersonal Skills. Must be an excellent motivator and team builder. Must be able to form strong social relationships and an effective communicator for both internal and external audiences.
- Leadership Skills. Must have the ability to drive sales team performance excellence while building a positive team environment. Must have the ability to be a passionate coach willing and able to provide regular feedback to the sales team.
- Selling Skills. Must possess persuasive selling skills and knowledge.
- Pricing Knowledge. Must be familiar with pricing and marketing principles and be able to support business planning efforts.
- Technology Skills. Must display knowledge of and ability to use computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, etc.) and the most up to date sales systems (MOBILESales, APEX quote-to-cash, and Sales Analytics) to understand, measure, and capitalize on sales opportunities.
What You’ll Like About Us:
- Great Company Culture. Our people share a competitive drive for excellence in an environment of trust, teamwork, open-mindedness and communication.
- Safe. Industry leader in health and safety standards. We are committed to creating a safe work environment and protecting all employees and customers.
- Meaningful Work. What sets up apart is the work we do impacts daily lives – and every employee contributes. Our aggregates produced are used to build roads, schools, hospitals, airports, and housing throughout the US.
- Health Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision programs, and much more.
- Rest and Relaxation. Paid vacation, personal floating days, and paid holidays.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with company match and contribution.
- Training and Development. We see our development programs and helping our employees meet their goals as a key part of our business.
Vulcan Materials Company is committed to employing a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. You also have the right to be free from discrimination for medical needs arising from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.