Provide an ongoing program of activities designed to meet the interests and physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each patient.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruits, hires, and provides training for staff of the Activities department.
- Completes assessments, MDS, care plans and gathers information to design activities that are multi-faceted and reflect needs and interests of each patient.
- Provides patients who are confined or choose to remain in their rooms with in-room activities in keeping with life-long interests.
- Records progress notes in the clinical record.
- Coordinates facility volunteer program.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years’ experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years (one of which was full-time in a resident activities program in a health care setting) or has completed a training program approved by the state.
- Certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist preferred.
- Meets all state-specific requirements.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer.
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Accident Insurance
- Storms of Life
- Post-Employment College Program
- CEU Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee Referral Program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.