Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of field employees in a heavy highway/infrastructure construction environment. In addition, the pipe foreman provides leadership and is responsible for safety, scheduling, workforce planning, coordinating, supervising and assisting in cost control, ensuring the consistent and fair application of all SGL Constructors policies and procedures.
- Assess competency and capability of employees on the project and evaluates the capabilities of the crew members
- Translates general work requirements into a prioritized work plan for the crew
- Accountable for the preparation of reports as required by SGL
- Maintains employee time reporting (electronic time cards)
- 3 to 5 years in heavy highway construction with knowledge of project construction scope and objectives to include, but not limited to knowledge of laying pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains and water mains, reading and understanding plans and specifications
- Must possess time management skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to stand, kneel, walk, lift, bend, stoop, push and pull
- Able to work on average 10 hours per day, five days, occasionally six days per week
- All work is performed outdoors (dusty or dirty surroundings)
SGL Employee Benefits:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
SGL Constructors (Skanska , Granite and Lane Joint Venture) is the Prime Contractor on the I-4 Ultimate Project in Orlando, FL. The total construction costs for the project are $2.3 Billion.
SGL Constructors is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.