Here at Blalock, we've said it before and we'll say it again, We specialize in small jobs with customer satisfaction as our #1 concern. Our company is flexible, honest and easy to work with. We value discipline and grit to deliver on our promises our customers deserve.
What We Offer:
- Health Insurance options
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Holiday Pay, Paid Time off
- 401(k) – employer does a 100% match
Job Description: Operates the jack either manually or with automatics on a paver to make adjustments to asphalt mat thickness and slope to obtain a finish grade product of asphalt on roadway or parking lots, etc. Performs various skilled and unskilled task which are associated with asphalt paving and grading operations. This includes but not limited to operating the screed of the paver to obtain a finish product of asphalt laydown. Must have good vision to be able to see the controls and to identify problems ahead of the paver to make the necessary adjustments of the screed to obtain a good ride ability finish asphalt mat.
Minimum Qualifications & Training:
- 3 months experience and will train the right person
- A valid NC Driver’s License with a 7 year clean record to be provided at interview
- Willingness to learn multiple task of the paving operation
- Ability to abide by precise instructions and strict safety rules and policies.
Tasks Essential to Job Functions:
- The job requires the following motions: standing, walking, stretching, bending, lifting, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching and squatting.
- Requires regular lifting of or in excess of 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Walking and standing may require a full day of 8 to 12 hours.