Physical Therapist (PT) evaluates and treats residents and patients with temporary or long term physical disabilities to relieve pain, restore function, and promote healing by applying the therapeutic properties of exercise, heat, ultrasound, massage and other forms of treatment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Under a physician's order, performs the following within scope of practice and federal guidelines:
- Evaluates, plans and administers treatment to patients with problems related to neuromuscular and musculoskeletal systems.
- Administers and interprets tests and measurements for muscle strength, coordination, range of motion, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency.
- Provides direct resident treatment in accordance with an established plan of care.
- Instructs patients, families, and caregivers in the care and use of wheelchairs, braces, canes, crutches and other devices.
- Conducts home assessments as appropriate to ensure discharge of residents to a safe environment.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Physical Therapy.
- One (1) year of clinical experience preferred.
- Current license to practice Physical Therapy issued by the State, if required by state law.
When you work at a SavaSeniorCare affiliated facility, you immediately become part of a team that aims to respect you and recognizes the importance of the skills that you utilize in providing quality care for our residents and patients.
Benefits at a Glance
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Life, Accidental Insurance
- Post-Employment College Program
- Critical Care with Cancer Coverage
- Supplemental Spouse Life Insurance
- CEU Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee Referral Program