Director of Information Systems
To develop, administer, secure and manage information systems and technology necessary for efficient operation of the Army Residence Community’s current operations and to achieve long-range business goals.
Support the IS department technicians in administering and troubleshooting LAN/WAN networks, PC-based computing devices, all employee & resident phone services through on premise PBX, Resident Portal, communications devices; cell / smart phones, EPTT (Enhanced Push To Talk) devices, tablets, resident internet access, resident video (TV) & phone services. Maintain/Support/Administer all company-wide software solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contributes to general business planning regarding technology and systems required to maintain and promote growth of operations and competitiveness.
- Recognizes new developments in information systems technology, and anticipates organizational modifications.
- Establishes long-term needs for information systems, and plans strategy for developing systems and acquiring hardware to meet application needs.
- Oversees management of present information systems, and directs staff for efficient operation and for prompt modernization and upgrades as needs change.
- Ensures confidentiality and reliability of data, proprietary information, and intellectual property.
- Functions as the top-level leader to assist end-users in determining information systems requirements and solutions.
- Keeps abreast of government regulations applicable to systems operations and ensures corporate compliance.
- Supervises Information Systems professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- At least 10 years of increasingly responsible administration of information systems and technology.
- Excellent ability to conceptualize long-term business goals and develop orderly process of planning the information technology needed to accomplish those goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Certifications a plus.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN Infrastructures; aspects of Main Distribution Facility (MDF), Independent Distribution Facility (IDF), cabling infrastructure.
- Familiar with Windows Server and PC Operating Systems, TCP/IP, DHCP, NAT,VPN & networking principles and practices
- Ability to diagnose problems and work independently.
- Great decision making skills due to actions having a noticeable effect department or company-wide.
- Valid driver's license required for off-site assignments.
- Self-starter, team player, and have the skills to follow through on assignments and produce positive results.
- Available for on-call weekend or after hour’s emergency response.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Supplemental Insurance Plans
- Vacation, Personal Days, and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Complimentary Lunch
- Fitness Facility
Position reports to the CFO
The Army Residence Community is not a Government or Civil Service Facility.