CW Strittmatter, Inc. is an established, growing site development/excavation company focused on both commercial and multi-residential projects.
The Company has openings for Road Mechanics servicing heavy equipment and dump trucks.
Work is performed on large-scale civil construction project sites where productivity is highly dependent upon equipment and vehicle availability. The position works out of Manassas Park, VA in a full-service mechanic truck provided by Strittmatter. As one of the larger excavating companies in the D.C. Metropolitan area, Strittmatter is seeking an experienced diesel mechanic(s) with tools to work the year-round position. Company employees are eligible for a generous benefits package.
Road Mechanic Benefits:
• Paid vacation-time (5 days after six months)
• Weekly paycheck with option for direct deposit
• Company-subsidized medical and dental insurance (Company pays 50% of your premium and 25% of dependent's premium)
• Six paid holidays
• 401(k) retirement program with company-match.
• We also provide overtime opportunities with alternating Saturday work.
Road Mechanic Responsibilities:
• Maintenance and repair of job-site equipment such as dump trucks, pickup wheel loaders, excavators, loaders, heavy tracked dozers, air compressors, and other support equipment.
• Ensuring vehicle and equipment productivity remains high on the project job site.
• Mechanics primary focus is preventative and proactive maintenance including a thorough inspection of vehicles and equipment to keep the machinery working as efficiently as possible.
• Stressing and adhering to a high level of safety on every jobsite and on every task.
• This position will also require a willingness to work under various site conditions and a readiness to travel to different project sites within the D.C. and the entire Metropolitan D.C.-area.
Road Mechanic Qualification candidates must have:
• A minimum of three years’ experience on the repair and maintenance of light and heavy diesel fueled equipment (trucks, construction equipment, etc.) including mechanical and hydraulic systems and components and electrical troubleshooting.
• A good driving record - No recent DUI/DWI and/or Aggressive Driving convictions
• Knowledge of the DC Metro area
• High school graduation or (GED) equivalent, including the ability to read, write, and speak English
• Must be able to work on Trucks (Diesel or Gas) & Repair Heavy construction equipment.
• A CDL is a plus