Retail Yard Crewmember
This part time position answers questions, identifies and directs customer to building materials and supplies in the yard and warehouse.
Starting Pay is $16.00 per hour
Duties include but not limited to:
- Cuts lumber, screening, glass, and related materials to size requested by customer.
- Operates forklift safely and effectively to load, unload and move materials in the yard and warehouse.
- Assists customer in loading purchased materials safely and accurately into customer's vehicle. Verifies load ticket to ensure accuracy with purchased materials.
- Follows established loading and ticket procedures as listed in the Standard Operating Procedures.
- May have less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have current driver's license and be able to meet the driver eligibility guidelines for the Company.
- Must successfully pass all Company training regarding equipment usage, including obtaining the forklift certification.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
It's Not Just a Job, It's a Family
When you join the McCoy’s team, you can be sure that you’re becoming a part of the family, too! The people who work at McCoy’s love what they do and it shows. Our team is dedicated to both professional and personal growth, and our priority is providing our customers with high-quality service day in and day out.
People & Atmosphere
Family owned and operated, we take pride in the tenure of our employees. We believe in working hard, giving back to the community and putting our best foot forward. And we like wearing jeans to work!
Eligible employees receive vacation time, 401K, medical benefits and flexible scheduling with evenings off. Plus, we are closed on Sundays.