Provide an ongoing program of activities designed to meet the interests and physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each patient.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of the Activities department. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
- Completes assessments, MDS, care plans and gathers information to design activities that are multi-faceted, meet patients' functional levels, and reflect needs and interests of each patient.
- Provides patients who are confined or choose to remain in their rooms with in-room activities in keeping with life-long interests (music, reading, and visits with individuals who share their interests or reasonable attempts to connect the patient with such individuals) and in-room projects they can work on individually.
- Assists with escorting patients to and from activities.
- Maintains sufficient activity supplies.
- May post monthly activities calendars that: reflect the schedules, choices and rights of the patients; offer activities at hours convenient to the patients; reflect the cultural and religious interests of the resident population; appeal to both men and women and all age groups living in the facility.
- Records progress notes in the clinical record including subjective findings, objective symptoms, observations of behavior, interventions provided to patient and patient's response to activity interventions. Reviews staff's chart entries for completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinates facility volunteer program in compliance with company policy.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years’ experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years (one of which was full-time in a resident activities program in a health care setting) or has completed a training program approved by the state.
- Certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist preferred.
- Meets all state-specific requirements.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer.
As a full time employee at Sava Senior Care, our employees enjoy:
- Great team environment
- Excellent wages
- Medical, dental, vision health care benefits
- Short term and long term leave
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Critical care insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Employee programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.