Wound Care Registered Nurse (RN)
The Wound Care Nurse is responsible for assessing skin alterations, developing plans of care, implementing orders and treatments, and evaluating progress of specialized skin and wound conditions. Evaluates new admissions, participates in weekly wound team rounds, documents status, insures notification of physician and family of changes, and provides education to nursing staff.
Wound care certification is preferred. Prior wound care experience is required.
- Assesses patients by physical examination including pertinent diagnostic testing to determine health status.
- Administers medications and treatments.
- Participates in the care planning process and oversees implementation of the plan.
- Communicates with physicians regarding changes in conditions, diagnostic test results, etc.
- Documents assessments and care in compliance with standards of care and company policy.
- Conduct comprehensive wound consultations including; detailed wound assessments and recommendations for interventions and care planning.
- Ongoing monitoring of all assigned resident with wounds
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid State licensure as an RN.
- Current CPR certification.
When you work at a SavaSeniorCare affiliated facility, you immediately become part of a team that aims to respect you and recognizes the importance of the skills that you utilize in providing quality care for our residents and patients.
Benefits at a Glance
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Life, Accident Insurance
- Storms of Life
- Post-Employment College Program
- CEU Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee Referral Program