Part-Time Pharmacy Technician at Inpatient Pharmacy in Wausau, WI (Pha
- Contract Type
- Full time
We are seeking a Pharmacy Technician for our Inpatient Pharmacy at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, Wisconsin. Duties will include:
- Perform accurate and timely preparation and distribution of pharmaceutical products and associated functions, under the supervision of a pharmacist
- Answers telephone calls and appropriately routes calls
- Stock and maintain a clean room and supplies
- Prints fill lists for cart fill from computer system
- Selects doses of medication according to the fill list
- Accurately credits medications per department policy
- Repackages oral and liquid medications, including proper storage, distribution, packaging and labeling of drugs and associated record keeping
- Place orders with wholesaler for purchase of pharmaceuticals and related supplies for the department as per buying group contract or lowest cost service. receive filled order from wholesaler, check against invoice and place in stock in pharmacy as appropriate. Ensure proper inventory levels/quantities that meet the needs of department and hospital
- Accurately replace items in floor stock throughout hospital, as appropriate or requested
- Maintain records of floor stock charges are current and correct
- Knowledge of organizational and project management practices normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a health related field, pharmacy and computers beneficial
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification beneficial
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a private/not-for-profit facility. We are a Level II Trauma Center licensed for 325 beds, operating at 230. We average 12,714 inpatient admissions with 78,119 outpatients and 30,574 emergency room visits per year. Our departments include an 18-bed Medical/Surgical ICU, 8-bed cardiac ICU, 18-bed ER, 1,308 annual deliveries in our OB unit, 12-room NICU, 5 cath labs, performing 435 open heart surgeries per year in our Aspirus Heart & Vascular Institute.
Other units/departments include, Aspirus Regional Cancer Center, Aspirus Spine & Neurosciences Institute, Day Surgery, GI Center, Ortho/Neuro, Medical/Pediatrics, RT, and Rehab.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.