Crawford Sprinkler Company of Raleigh, Inc., is currently looking to add a Fire Sprinkler System Designer (trainee) to our team of dedicated employees.
The fire sprinkler system designer will prepare automatic fire protection sprinkler drawings using AutoCAD based program working both from site visits and architectural plans. Prepare project submittals in accordance with project specifications and applicable codes. Attend coordination and progress project meetings. Maintain communication with technical, sales, and installation co-workers to ensure smooth work schedule and process. Supervision of all work will be furnished by the Design Manager
The applicant should have a B.S. in engineering, engineering technology or similar technical degree.
We seek qualified candidates that are hard-working, organized, and dependable with a strong analytical and mathematical aptitude. Self-starter with the ability to multitask and prioritize and work in team environment
- Possess the abilities to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet project deadlines
- Understanding of overall construction practices and terms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong organizational skills
- Willingness to pursue NICET certification
- Computer literate, proficient in AutoCAD
- Valid driver's license with good driving record
- Good communication and computer skills are a must
- Experience with AutoCAD, Navisworks and Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a plus.
- Ability to comfortably navigate a Windows computer network environment
- Have established skills to create and work with MS Word, Excel spreadsheets and databases
- Must pass background criminal check and drug screen
We provide a highly competitive compensation package as well as excellent fringe benefits including: 401k; medical/dental/life insurance plans; paid time off; incentive potential and much more.