Seeking a Service Coordinator for the Medicaid Waiver Participants in the Nursing Home Transition and Diversion and Traumatic Brain Injury program.
The Service Coordinator assists the prospective participant to become a waiver participant and coordinates the implementation of the consumers Service Plan and monitors the provision of all services. Responsible for the ongoing assessment of the consumer’s strengths and needs, monitoring all aspects of the Service Plan, insuring quality provision of services and supporting the participant to become an effective self-advocate and problem solver.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops initial Application Packet
- Assist the participant in locating a place to live in the community and completes all necessary documentation for them to receive subsidies
- Responsible for the timely and effective implementation of the approved Service Plan and for assuring that there is adequate coordination, effective communication, and maximum cooperation between all sources of support and services for the participant.
- Conducts in-home visits with the participant no less than once a quarter and completes a Housing Checklist annually.
Candidates must possess:
- A master’s degree in social work or psychology; licensed/registered PT, RN, SLP, OT; certified special education teacher; certified rehabilitation counselor AND a minimum of one (1) years’ experience providing Service Coordination or case management to adults with disabilities and has knowledge about community resources.
A bachelor’s degree in health or human services AND three (3) years of experience providing service coordination or case management to adults with disabilities and has knowledge about community resources.
- Ability to work effectively managing multiple service priorities and provide effective service intervention in community settings.
- Team coordination and communication skills as well as the ability to coordinate care with multiples service providers.
- A valid NYS driver's license.
- Health Insurance
- High-level weekly compensation
- Bonus incentive programs
- Flex hours to fit your schedule
- Free certification training programs
- Vacation pay for qualifying personnel
- Liability and malpractice insurance
- Job placement by our Patient Service Associates and Specialists who match your abilities and needs with the needs of patients and families
UCI is an EOE