Assistant Lake Warden
Primary responsibilities include performing ground and building maintenance. Essential functions include protecting the watershed from trash disruption, documenting lake and weather readings, using a cash register to rent equipment to lake patrons, evaluating customer private boats and motors, enforcing facility rules, and instructing the public on safe use of equipment and facilities. Position uses various hand/power tools and lawncare equipment such as mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, sprayers, etc.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent work ethic and a positive attitude. Should be a team player with outstanding customer service skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- North Carolina Driver’s License
- Frequently exerts 10-25 pounds and occasionally 50-100 pounds
- Requires weekend work between March and November (recreational season).
Closing date is April 15, 2019
- OWASA pays 100% of employee premiums for health, dental, and vision
- OWASA pays 50% of dependent premiums for health and 40% for dental
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in NC Local Government Employees Retirement System
- Generous Leave program including sick, annual, personal, bereavement, parental, etc.
- Life Insurance, Dependent Life
- Long Term Disability
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability creativity, diversity and inclusion.