Operates power driven excavator, loader, and/or dozer, equipped with movable shovel, to excavate/move dirt, rock, sand, and other materials by performing the following duties.
- Receives written or oral instructions from supervisor regarding material to move or excavate.
- Pushes levers and depresses pedals to move machine, to lower and push shovel into stockpiled material, to lower and dig shovel into surface of ground, and to lift, swing, and dump contents of shovel into truck or stockpile. Must do so in a smooth, controlled manner.
- Works with pipe on utility jobs. Works safely inside trench box.
- Works as needed on bridge jobs, moving or placing materials.
- Prior experience in position required. Experience must be commensurate with requirements of Project - will vary depending on project. Minimum four to ten years related experience and/or training.
- Certified or approved by Corman Safety Department, Equipment Manager, or Operations Manager. Licensed as required by local jurisdiction (DC requires operators to be licensed). Must pass practical test.
- Weekly Pay
- Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Direct Deposit Available
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan (FSA – Medical Expense and Dependent Care)
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Benefits
Corman Construction is dedicated to “Best in Class” performance. We constantly test ourselves against industry best practices in high standards for employee development. When our team members are at their best Corman is at its best. We are committed to improving the craft, engineering and management skills of our employees with a training program designed for this purpose.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans encouraged to apply.