The Clinical Counselor is responsible for providing the clinical counseling services to an assigned caseload at an on-site children’s residential facility. Functions as the liaison with other Clinical Counselors and Case Management and any other onsite vendors. This position is responsible for ensuring contractual requirements and client expectations are met at the on-site residential facility.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles, and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which CHSi is recognized.
Summary of Duties:
- Conducts and documents mental health assessments for all children in care as well as provide ongoing individual and group counseling in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Screens for human trafficking concerns.
- Provides crisis Intervention.
- Ensures quality care for all children and timely response to their needs, including crisis intervention.
- Provides weekly counseling to assigned caseload.
- Provides group therapy/community group meetings.
- Coordinates caseload with assigned case managers and lead case managers.
- Reports significant incidents in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Follows up on all Significant Incident Reports (SIRs).
- Other duties as assigned by department head.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (Speaking, Writing and Reading)
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology or other relevant behavioral science plus five (5) years of clinical employment experience in this area.
- Licensed in Social Work or other Clinical Counseling field or license eligible.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as needed.
- Excellent presentation skills as well as oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency with computer, common office equipment, and MS Office products required.
- Clean criminal background check and drug screen.
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check.
Comprehensive Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.