Senior Maintenance Mechanic
The Maintenance Mechanic is a regular non-exempt position with a full, competitive benefits package, including:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans.
- Tuition remission for employee, spouse, and dependents.
- Maryland State Retirement and Pension System (SRPS).
- More than 30 days each year of paid annual, sick, holiday and personal leave.
- Great rates at our campus parking garages.
- Life insurance programs, deferred compensation packages, long- term disability, and participation in the State Credit Union.
The Physical Plant department is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of over 1 million square feet in 13 buildings across 11 acres.
- Conducts inspections of buildings and equipment. Performs required routine preventive maintenance and repair activities. Responds to all related repair requests and troubleshoots problems.
- Performs routine and emergency repair and maintenance for all facets of campus building operations.
- Assists in the preparation of various building components and systems for trades units and/or contractors; disassembles and installs equipment and fixtures. Moves equipment as required.
- Performs snow and ice removal from assigned areas using hand and power snow removal equipment. Spreads salt, sand, and deicers to prevent slipping.
- Participates in cleanup of emergency events.
- Performs other duties and activities as required to maintain campus operations.
Position is open until filled, and application review begins immediately.
Required Education: High School Diploma
Required Experience: Four years related work experience, three years of which must have been in the trade area where assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic plumbing and skilled in the repair and maintenance of commercial plumbing fixtures.
- Knowledge of basic HVAC and skilled in the repair and maintenance of commercial HVAC Systems.
- Ability to paint, hang drywall, repair & patch holes. Lay carpet & floor tiles.
- Knowledge of a variety of building construction or maintenance and repair practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures related to the assigned trade areas.
- Skilled in the use of tools, machines, and equipment of the mechanical and plumbing trades including their designs, uses, repairs, and maintenance.
- Ability to perform required inspections of materials and equipment.
- Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet and to work off ladders and aerial lifts.
- Ability to manipulate heavy equipment, tools and supplies and/or exert force up to 70 pounds.
The University of Baltimore ("UB" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices. UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.