Heavy Equipment Operator
$2,000 Signing Bonus!
Safely operates a variety of motorized equipment used in the construction, maintenance and repair of company construction projects. The operator must perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the construction and maintenance of company construction projects. May assist other craft workers. Follows all safety requirements and procedures outlined by all regulatory agencies and company policies.
- Operates construction or power equipment, including but not limited to an excavator, grader, bulldozer, backhoe, front end loader, skid steer, asphalt paver, dirt/asphalt roller, asphalt reclaimer, soil stabilizer and asphalt milling machine.
- Works with and assists the grading or paving crews to remove or install stone, dirt, asphalt pavement or storm water systems based on the project’s scope of work.
- Performs routine maintenance and emergency repairs, reports complex mechanical problems for shop repairs. Cleans equipment.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in construction work.
- Knowledge of heavy site construction equipment operation, maintenance, capability, use and function.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Any combination of education and work experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work as described.
- Heavy equipment operators must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Site excavation and/or paving experience is required.
- Valid and appropriate in-state driver’s license or the ability to obtain said license is preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employment is subject to review of background check and drug screening. Ruston Paving Co. Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.