Position transports treated nutrient rich solids called biosolids using a tractor trailer tanker from the Wastewater Treatment Plant to farm land application sites. Utilizes and maintains heavy equipment such as tractor trailer tankers, specialized biosolids spreading equipment, skid-steer, pumps, and dewatering equipment.
This position also flags fields, gathers soil samples, maintains roads, completes inspections and provides support to Wastewater operations, maintenance and laboratory staff. Provides assistance to the Wastewater and Water Treatment Plants in recycling and removing treatment plant solids and transporting them to a composting facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- NC Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with tanker endorsement.
- Previous experience with operating and maintaining tractor trailer tankers, tractors and spreaders, skid-steer and roll-off truck desired.
- Meet and maintain requirements for CDL and safety sensitive position.
- Frequently exerts 10-25 pounds and occasionally 50-100 pounds.
- OWASA pays 100% of employee premiums for health, dental, and vision
- OWASA pays 50% of dependent premiums for health and 40% for dental
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in NC Local Government Employees Retirement System
- Generous Leave program including sick, annual, personal, bereavement, parental, etc.
- Life Insurance, Dependent Life
- Long Term Disability
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability creativity, diversity and inclusion.