Windsor Windows and Doors, a leading manufacturing of wood and vinyl windows and patio doors, located in Monroe NC has an immediate opening for a Field Service Technician.
Primary Responsibilities and Frequency:
- Operate basic power tools.
- Maintain the tools and vehicle as they are used.
- Prepare FS van with materials for jobs; load the van and secure proper materials are included for trips.
- Install windows and door products and the associated trim.
- Painting as necessary.
- Review repairs with operators and managers to determine causes for failure or defect. Then help devise solutions.
- Diagnose and solve product problems.
- Coordinate with FS coordinator on job schedule and FS service dates/trips/jobs.
- Coordinate and plan travel arrangements for FS jobs out of town
- Maintain crew expense reports for out-of-town jobs
- Ensure timecard information for FS crew is approved and turned in to accounting on a weekly basis by 8:00 a.m. each Monday.
- Complete FS information updates/reports and turn in to GM
- Approve or disapprove credits for service products
- Set up and work on or with scaffolds and ladders.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by General Manager.
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Job:
- Attention to detail and specific knowledge of products and construction practices.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills presenting a positive representation of the company to inside and outside contacts.
- Understand written or verbal instructions with the capability of accepting responsibility for interpretation and/or solving.
- Able to perform arithmetic calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Able to work with little or no supervision.
- Good diagnostic skills - able to have an organized approach to identifying the root cause of a problem and how to handle it.
- Capable of traveling out of town for long periods of time.
- Able to drive vehicle long distances.
- Able to move hands easily and skillfully -- to work with hands in placing and turning motions.
Windsor offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, paid holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401k plan. All tools for the job will be provided by Windsor. Pre-employment drug screen required for final applicants.