Director of Nursing
The Director of Nursing assumes authority, responsibility and accountability for the delivery of nursing services in the facility. In collaboration with facility Director of Health Care, allocates department resources in an efficient and economic manner. Collaborates with other departments, medical professionals, consultants and organizations, including government agencies and advocacy groups, to develop, support and coordinate resident care, related administrative functions and to represent the interest of the facility.
- Competitive salary and benefit package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Supplemental Insurance (accidental, cancer, short term, disability, hospital protection, critical care and recovery)
- Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Leave, Holidays
- Complimentary Lunch
- Fitness Facility
- Must possess current Texas license as a Registered Nurse and have graduated from an accredited school of nursing
- Two years of professional nursing experience in the long-term care setting is required and a minimum of five years in a Nursing Leadership position
- Possess and demonstrate a high degree of leadership, organizational ability and communication skills
- Knowledge of long-term care management, policies, budgeting, personnel management and census development is required
- Current B.L.S. or C.P.R. certification
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations
- Able to clearly communicate in English verbally and in writing
- Able to work overtime and be available on an "on call" basis
- Must carry a cell phone to be summoned to the facility in an emergency and is expected to report
The Army Residence Community is not a Government or Civil Service Facility.
Must pass pre-employment physical performance evaluation,
drug screening, and criminal background check.