For the Navy Dentist, running an exceptional practice is a daily opportunity. They attend to Sailors, Marines and service members – as well as their families. They contribute to humanitarian missions in our country and introduce oral care to parts of the world where dentistry is more a luxury than an expectation.
Beyond enjoying a broad, accelerated career experience, Navy Dentists:
- Work at the best military dental facilities on shore, at sea and in the field
- Utilize cutting-edge dental technology
- Participate in domestic outreach to the young, elderly and underprivileged
- Spend quality time with patients
- Maintain a flexible schedule
- Enjoy freedom from malpractice insurance and equipment costs
Specializing in: Periodontal or Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons
$70-90,000 Sign on Bonus and Up to $250,000 college debt pay off
To qualify for employment consideration in the Navy Dental Corps, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen currently practicing in the U.S.
- A graduate of an eligible dental school approved by the American Dental Association
- Licensed to practice in a U.S. state, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or a U.S. territory (new graduates must obtain a license within one year of beginning Active Duty service)
- In good physical condition and pass a full medical examination
General qualifications may vary depending upon whether you intend to serve Active Duty or Reserve Duty, and whether you are currently serving, have served before or have never served before.