Corman Kokosing Construction Company provides heavy civil construction, marine construction and dredging services and specialty services to private and public clients in the Mid-Atlantic States (North Carolina to Delaware). The Business Development Manager will leverage their knowledge of the market, relationships and potential work, with special focus on the Norfolk, VA, and Baltimore, MD, areas. Frequent regional travel is required.
This position is accountable for creating and maintaining and managing client relationships and identifying new construction and dredging projects for the Marine Division. The incumbent also supports and participates in the proposal process (including work with the Design/Build, Proposals, Estimating, Engineering Teams).
Responsibilities will include writing/reviewing/revising proposals, developing budget and pricing information, submitting pre-qualification documentation, negotiating contracts, and presenting proposals to clients. The incumbent will typically work with the VP/General Manager, VP of Engineering, VP of Design/Build, Operations Managers, Contractors, Vendors, and potential customers and clients in achieving the objectives of this position.
The ideal individual has a strong network of vendors, contractors, clients, managers, engineers and designers. The Business Development Manager must be highly motivated, innovative, and aware of both business opportunities and potential/actual competitors’ capabilities.
- Weekly Pay
- Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Direct Deposit Available
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan (FSA – Medical Expense and Dependent Care)
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Benefits
- Works closely with the various teams and senior management to develop business and marketing strategies that will help the Company achieve its short- and long-range business objectives.
- Develops new clients using prospective client lists. The incumbent will use a mixture of e-mail, phone, networking events, personal appointments/meetings to discuss and present services and proposals.
- Establishes and maintains on-going client relationships with customers and clients to investigate new business and project opportunities as they arise.
- Serves as a primary liaison with new clients in bid proposals, pre-qualification submittals, and contract negotiations.
- Updates the managers and executives regarding the progress made on upcoming projects, bid proposals, and other business opportunities.
- Using technical competency, experience and knowledge of market conditions and competitors, works with teams to develop proposals that fit clients’ goals while meeting company’s profitability targets.
- In partnership with executives and other teams, evaluates upcoming project opportunities to assess the feasibility of business prospects.
- Collaborates with appropriate corporate management to discuss bid proposal details including project feasibility, cost estimates, timeframes and deadlines, project performance, etc.
- Tracks and monitors the status of all upcoming bid proposals and future project opportunities.
- Prepares marketing and business development campaigns to generate new business opportunities and promote Company name recognition.
- Participates in internal marketing and business meetings and presents ideas and strategies that to develop new business.
- Supports other business development initiatives including corporate marketing and “name branding” efforts; i.e., corporate brochures, corporate newsletter distribution, trade show participation, etc.
- Ensures participation in Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
- Maintains confidentiality of market and business information, while leveraging relationships to aid the company in getting the best pricing.
- Attend industry events and other meetings to stay abreast of market conditions, competition, and establish relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).
Prior experience working on design-build, CMAR, or similar projects.
The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable workplace accommodation.
MARINE CONSTRUCTION: 10 years
Corman Kokosing Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled, veterans are strongly encouraged to apply!