Database Management Instructor
Fayetteville Technical Community College is seeking qualified applicants for this full-time instructor position. The PC Support & Services/Database Management programs include course work in the development of a student’s ability to create, store, communicate, exchange, and use information to solve technical issues related to information support and services.
Qualified candidates will possess excellent computer skills, demonstrate evidence of flexible work experiences and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- Teach classroom and laboratory PC Support and Services courses such as Microsoft Office, Computer Concepts, Technical Support, Database Concepts, Database Administration, Database Reporting, Database Programming, Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server.
- Utilize Blackboard for the course content and delivery LMS as well as develop and support student success strategies that align with the PC Support & Service/Database Management Department’s mission and goals.
- Teach face-to-face classes to include days, evenings, and weekends both on and off campus.
- Teach online classes as needed by the Department.
- Incorporate latest instructional technologies & interactive learning technologies in course delivery.
- Assist in program recruitment.
- Advise and register students who are in the program.
- Monitor and improve student retention.
- Maintain class records.
- Assist in the design and update of course syllabi, outlines, and lesson plans.
- Evaluate classroom and online instruction and make necessary improvements.
- Provide quality customer service to students, faculty, and staff.
- Exercise soft skills while collaborating with the team.
- Continually develop and improve skills through professional development.
- Participate in faculty committees and other activities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Computer Technology or related field.
- Experience with database(s), SQL/MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle
- Communication, both oral and written, skills necessary. Must have expert efficiency in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Technology or related field, or Master’s Degree with 18 graduate hours in the related field.
- College teaching experience. Online teaching experience.
- Experience with SAS analytics software.
- Experience with computer hardware and software, including the installation of operating systems and creation of virtual machines.