Austin Lakes Hospital located in beautiful, vibrant Austin, Texas has full-time Weekend Days Registered Nurse opportunities. Austin Lakes Hospital offers a continuum of psychiatric services for adults 18 and up with acute mental health needs in a confidential, caring environment that promotes crisis resolution, positive self-awareness, personal growth and problem solving skills. The cornerstone of our treatment rests on exceptional mental health services and clinical excellence. Our continuum of care includes inpatient and outpatient psychiatric services to stabilize symptoms of depression, anxiety and other behavioral health disorders.
- 7a - 7p; Sat, Sun, Mon
Best candidates for these positions will have behavioral health experience, a strong work-ethic, and highly consistent timeliness and attendance!
Key responsibilities include:
- Initiate and document special treatment procedures.
- Assess, direct and intervene in crisis situations.
- Provide leadership and direction to RNs, LVNs, MHTs.
- Provide assessment of patients’ psychiatric and medical status.
- Participate in treatment planning as a member of interdisciplinary team.
- Administer medication and medical treatment as prescribed by physician.
- Provide and direct milieu management.
- Document nursing care, treatment and patient’s response to treatment.
- Provide health education to patients and families.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient’s medical records.
- Attend mandatory training and in-services.
- Participate in the implementation of Nursing Department policies and procedures.
- Provide exceptional Service Excellence!
- Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Preferred: BSN and ANA Certification.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION:
- Licensed RN to practice in Texas
- Current CPR
- Required: Nursing experience providing direct patient care.
- Preferred: One year inpatient psychiatric work experience. One year medical/surgical nursing experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to consistently fulfill position responsibilities and complete assignments.
- Skill in performing vital sign checks.
- Knowledge of patient rights.
- Skill in developing therapeutic relationships with patients and cooperative / effective relationships with Nurses, Therapists and MHTs.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, patients, and visitors.
- Full range of body motion.
- Ability to safely transfer patients.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to move quickly.
- Ability to restrain patients weighing up to 250 pounds.
- Ability to lift, carry, and/or lower items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Ability to stand and walk 8+ hours per day, frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
- Hearing and vision sufficient to perform essential functions.
- Emotional stability necessary to perform essential functions.