Engineering Instructor (10 Month)
- Fayetteville Technical Community College is seeking qualified applicants for this full-time instructor position. Qualified candidates will possess excellent computer skills, demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- Provide quality instruction for face-to-face and online classes to include days, evenings, and weekends both on and off campus.
- Incorporate latest instructional technologies and interactive learning technologies in course delivery.
- Provide quality customer service to students, faculty and staff.
- Recruit students for the FTCC programs.
- Advise students in the transfer programs.
- Monitor and improve student retention.
- Provide input on program review, assessment, and other departmental activities.
- Periodically evaluate and develop new courses. Revise and update existing courses for relevancy and currency consistent with the role and mission of the college.
- Maintain face-to-face and/or online classroom environments conducive to student learning, engagement and retention.
- Maintain accurate scholastic and membership records of students enrolled in classes and prepare and submit reports as required.
- Continually develop and improve skills through professional development.
- Participate in faculty committees and other activities, as assigned.
- Masters degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering with 18 graduate semester hours in calculus-based engineering courses.
- Communication, both oral and written, skills necessary. Must have expert efficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Knowledgeable in Solidworks software.
- 3-5 years engineering work experience.
- Teaching experience at the community college or four-year college.
- On-line teaching experience.