- Neighborhood Family Practice
- Contract Type
- Full time
1. Position Summary:
(Overall Purpose of this position)
Under the supervision of the Pharmacist, assist in all areas of pharmacy operations, including prescription preparation, sales transactions, customer service, and inventory maintenance.
2. Essential duties and responsibilities which must be performed in order to carry out the position purpose summarized above:
(The following description is a general representation of the key duties and responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned, as required.)
- Assists in stages of prescription filling process, including data entry production and sales;
- Monitors inventory levels and assist in ordering of medication and supplies;
- Accurately and efficiently enters client and prescription information and submits insurance claims;
- Properly packages and labels prescriptions;
- Completes sales of prescriptions maintaining confidentiality and HIPAA compliance;
- Assists in shipment or delivery of orders;
- Communicates effectively with patients, prescribers, nurses and other providers;
- Maintains patient rights and confidentiality at all times;
- Provides high quality customer service and answer pharmacy related inquiries in person and on the phone;
- Completes all required continuing education;
- Must have an awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural diversity of the population served;
- Completes other tasks as assigned from time to time;
A. Specific knowledge, training or skills required to perform the duties of this position.
Specific concepts, courses, training programs or required certifications:
(To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- High school diploma, GED or foreign school diploma equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma;
- Must be registered as either a Registered Pharmacy Technician or Certified Pharmacy Technician with the Ohio Pharmacy Board;
- Computer experience sufficient to perform data entry functions;
- Must be able to meet credentialing requirements and successfully complete credentialing process;
- Current BLS certification required;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills: empathy, trust, respect and ability to
- Establish effective relationships with people of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds;
- Applies critical thinking skills and ability to work independently;
- Displays team membership skills;
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
B. Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic communication devices.
- Demonstrated ability to walk, sit or stand for long periods of time. Requires some lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Work environment is stressful at times.
Previous experience that is necessary background to qualify for this position:
- Entry level position.
REPORTS TO AND EVALUATED BY: