- Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
- 130000.00 - 150000.00
- Contract Type
- Full time
Lead Network Engineer
The Senior IS Network Engineer will be required to demonstrate the following skills in order to be effective over the course of this role.
Cisco Nexus Switching - Strong experience to expertise with Layer 2/3 routing and switching specifically with Cisco Nexus technology.
Firewalls - strong understanding of roles they play in the network and an ability to support the physical hardware from a tier 1 level.
Load Balancing - Strong understanding of the concepts behind load balancing from a tier 1 level.
Network Protocols - strong understanding of MPLS, STP, QoS, Multicast, DMVPN and Nexus VDC/vPC protocols.
Plan, design, engineer, architect, develop, implement, monitor, and analyze all aspects of data network systems. Provides advanced subject matter expertise around IS network engineering. Provide program/project management for IS related project initiatives. Act as IS network engineering subject matter expert for analytics, integration of Internal (IS) and external (NNEO) infrastructure (devices and services) that require IP connectivity to the LAN/WAN, as well as to the Internet, troubleshooting, architecture design, and best practices. Recommend, evaluate, and implement new technologies, policies, and procedures. Train junior staff on IS systems and practices. Define and present IS network engineering analysis, reports, and recommendations to engineers, managers, and executive management.
- Leads program/project management for complex IS network related projects
- Designs network architecture and integration methodology related to introducing new systems and services
- Provides oversight of data equipment labs locally or remotely, and proof-of-concept activities with vendors involving research, test case execution for viability, performance, integration, and migration of new equipment, software, systems and that are often associated with an RFP or RFI
- Leads interaction with external partner organizations, such as NNEO Engineering, ADMT, RSO, CSO, and EPMO Support
- Creates and presents technical roadmap for IS network architecture
- Leads IS network strategy review meetings
- Creates and presents "root cause" analysis documents in response to service outages, performance degradation, maintenance activity/configuration errors
- Master's degree in related technical area is preferred
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience
- Mastery of the relevant technologies
- Strong understanding of the business and industry
- Highly experienced in re-engineering/process improvement
- Strong change management skills; change agent
- Strong technical project management experience running cross-functional teams
- Excellent presentation skills demonstrated in front of large audiences; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools
- Prior experience creating, defining, and analysing metrics that accurately reflect the current state of a given process or operation
- Certification(s) in relevant field of expertise (CCIE, CCDE) is preferred.
- Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment