Accessible Space, Inc., a national provider of accessible affordable housing, offers competitive wages and great benefits.
The Maintenance Technician position is great for people who like to work independently. Duties include routine general maintenance and repairs such as preparing vacant apartment units for occupancy and inspect units for damage. Making repairs and noting deficiencies. Complete and maintain accurate records, reports, work orders, site inspection forms, etc.
- Minimum of three years general maintenance and/or construction trade experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and an ability to perform routine buildings and grounds maintenance, including the ability to kneel; crouch; stoop; climb stairs/ladders; push and pull up to 200 pounds (with assistance/wheels/etc.) lift up to 100 pounds; reach and work at, above, or below shoulder level.
- The ability to work both indoors and outside.
- HQS (Housing Quality Standards) certification upon hire or within 90 days of hire.
- The ability to move from site to site throughout the day and to transport tools and equipment.
- The ability to travel to all assigned properties, as required.
Accessible Space Inc. (ASI) is a national nonprofit organization providing housing and personal care services to individuals with physical disabilities, traumatic brain injury (TBI) as well as seniors.
ASI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Accessible Space, Inc. not to discriminate against any person based on race, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, familial status, age, disability, marital status or status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status.