The incumbent represents the department as a professional engineer or licensed architect; and is primarily responsible for project management oversight that supports the University’s Capital Improvement Program.
- Provides project management oversight that includes overseeing plans and specification development, project schedule, minority contract utilization, weekly/monthly/annual reports, state construction updates.
- Implements project plans that consist of generation of procurement specifications, coordination of shop and contract resources; monitors and controls projects within the approval constraints; safety inspection, completion of punch list items and documentation of closeout satisfactory to University, State and Federal requirements and guidelines.
- Participate in bid openings and supervise selection of licensed/registered contractors.
- Consults regularly with Facilities, Physical Plant administrators, and Campus departments regarding the status of current project initiatives; obtains executive guidance and approval as required to advance initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Engineering discipline related to the area of assignment; or and equivalent combination of training and experience.
- At least five years of progressive contract and/or project management experience.
- Understanding of civil, mechanical, electrical, structural engineering and architectural principles and practices of construction field.
- Experience in estimating costs, monitoring and managing construction projects.
- Ability to design and/or review the design of outside consultants and to read and interpret all related plans and specifications.
- Trained and experienced in project scheduling; OSHA (safety, asbestos, rigging, material handling and interaction management).
- Professional Engineer certification or licensed Architecture.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Leave
- Academic Assistance
- And much more
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina, one of the oldest public universities in the United States. The college was designated a Regional University by the North Carolina General Assembly and renamed "North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University." Come Join our team where pride ourselves in meeting academic need through quality service.