Administers oral and external medications to residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical / vocational nurse.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and administers medications to residents following established procedures.
- Takes and records vital signs upon administration of medications when required.
- Orders and re-orders medications and returns all discharge medications for credit in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Maintains neat, clean, and orderly medication room and cart. Takes appropriate precautions to make sure residents / patient do not have access to medications other than those prescribed.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, or experience as required by state regulations.
- Successful completion of a state approved course and is approved to administer oral and external medication.
Benefits at a glance:
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Accident, and Life Insurance
- Post-Employment College Program
- Critical Care with Cancer Coverage
- Supplemental Spouse Life Insurance
- CEU Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee Referral Program