Evaluates and treats residents and patients with conditions that are mentally, physically, developmentally, or emotionally disabling to improve their ability to perform tasks of daily living and working environments in compliance with federal guidelines and state practice acts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under a physician's orders, screens and evaluates resident/ patient and develops appropriate care plan.
- Instructs residents, families and caregivers in the use of adaptive equipment such as wheelchairs, splints, and aids for eating and dressing.
- Maintains patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Devises special tools and treatments for the specific needs of patients.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Current license in Occupational Therapy (if required by state law).
- One (1) year of clinical experience preferred.
- State approved certification to provide advanced level treatments where applicable.
When you work at a SavaSeniorCare affiliated facility, you immediately become part of a team that aims to respect you and recognizes the importance of the skills that you utilize in providing quality care for our residents and patients.
Benefits at a Glance
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick time
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Accident Insurance
- Post-Employment College Program
- Critical Care with Cancer Coverage
- Supplemental Spouse Life Insurance
- CEU Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee Referral Program