Construction Project Manager
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that project goals are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, project procedures, staffing requirements, and available resources to various phases of project.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan, assign duties/responsibilities and authority.
- Reviews status reports from project personnel and modifies schedules/plans as needed.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Understands and is able to analyze and execute CPM-based project schedules.
- Manages Project Engineers, Superintendents and Foremen who supervise construction employees; charged with overall direction, coordination and evaluation of team.
- Supervises according to policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing/hiring; training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding/disciplining; addressing complaints/resolving problems.
- Project Management - Develops realistic project plans and goals; sets priorities and manages resources effectively; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and on budget; manages team’s activities and schedules to meet production, quality and safety requirements.
- Safety & Security - Observes safety/security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment/materials properly.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to revenue and profit and profit; conserves resources.
- Education and/or Experience - Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related degree and more than 10 years related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination).
- Analysis & Problem Solving - Collects and researches data; analyzes information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; identifies, provides solutions, then resolves problems quickly/timely (individually or on team); designs work flows and procedures
- Technical - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training/development opportunities to build knowledge/skills; shares expertise.
Competitive wages and benefits (401k w/ company match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, etc.).