Civil Construction Project Engineer
Plans and directs civil engineering projects such as roads, bridges, and pipelines. The Project Engineer works with the Superintendent to develop a dynamic relationship co-responsible for total contract performance and profitability.
(Project Engineer Levels are based on experience and proficiency in completing essential duties and responsibilities.)
Qualifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university and 3 – 5 years engineering work experience.
- Computer literate: proficient with spreadsheet and word processing programs, proficient with CPM scheduling programs such as Primavera Project Planner. Understanding of and experience using cost and productivity data.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Computer Operating Systems, Project Management software, spreadsheet software and word processing software. Microsoft Office software, CPM scheduling program – P6 (Primavera Project Planner).
- Competitive Wages
- Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Direct Deposit Available
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan (FSA – Medical Expense and Dependent Care)
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Benefits
Corman Construction is dedicated to “Best in Class” performance. We constantly test ourselves against industry best practices in high standards for employee development. When our team members are at their best Corman is at its best. We are committed to improving the craft, engineering and management skills of our employees with a training program designed for this purpose.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Veterans, Disabled, and Women encouraged to apply