Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare full project estimates for heavy highway and civil construction projects. Clients primarily include state DOT, county DPW, city and local construction departments, public utility providers and federal, non-defense related, infrastructure construction.
Work is both traditional design-bid-build and design build. Duties will likely consist heavily of work on design-build projects, including assisting in the selection of projects to pursue, creation of technical proposals and generation of compliant cost estimate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and participates in obtaining quotes for materials and subcontractor participation, including generating the required minority and disadvantaged business plan necessary to meet the project requirements.
- Reviews, understands and incorporates project historical data to assist in determining appropriate equipment and labor requirements and production costs
- Develops the Risk/Contingency factors and assists with the evaluation of potential costs and contingencies for bidding purposes
- Leads the development of a compliant MBE/DBE plan for subcontractors and suppliers that meets the Commercially Useful Function requirements of the owner and the project specifications
- Presents and assists in reviewing the bid and technical proposal details with company senior management and ownership prior to bid submission.
- Participates and directs generation of required bid documentation, close-out process and submission of bid to project owner.
- Participates in design meetings with the design team on design-build projects to help generate plans and technical proposal details needed to create an accurate cost estimate and compliant proposal.
- Participates in design review and project cost review meetings for on-going work to provide input on means and methods and provide continuity from estimating to design to construction
- Works with the company centralized cost estimating software (B2W), champions the overall company estimating process and is willing to assist with improvements and refinements needed in that process
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; and/or minimum 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret owner project technical specifications, general standard specifications, construction plans and governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office, HCSS or other electronic estimating software system. Extensive use of email, text and other electronic forms of communication is to be expected. Scheduling (P6) experience not required but preferred.
- Competitive Wages
- Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Direct Deposit Available
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan (FSA – Medical Expense and Dependent Care)
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Benefits
Corman Construction is dedicated to “Best in Class” performance. We constantly test ourselves against industry best practices in high standards for employee development. When our team members are at their best Corman is at its best. We are committed to improving the craft, engineering and management skills of our employees with a training program designed for this purpose.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Veterans, Disabled, and Women encouraged to apply